According to Achim Steiner @GRI2013 Sustainability communication needs to adopt a more digestive language and it must become more societal. True! Then he says that the main drivers for CSR Reporting are:
- Risk management
- Licence to operate
I am afraid that Achim lost society with that list. At least he lost me.
This is definitely not the language we need to get the message out.
We need to talk a language that bridges the gap between Sustainability experts and the ordinary people across the world. Why not transform these topics into the good. Main drivers for sustainability are:
- Creating better products
- Be better prepared for the future
- Revealing your identity to create long-time relationships
- Helping companies to become better corporate citizens
Achim Steiner is a great opinion maker in the field of CSR, and I really enjoyed his contribution. For example his statement:
CSR is too difficult and so incomparable that it is not fit to be made mandatory.
This is the 4th blog in the series for GRI2013
- CSR Reporting is on the verge of change
- A good corporate citizen reports on tax avoidance practices
- Future of application levels is unsure
- Communication should bridge the gap to the ordinary world
- Reporting outside your ownership boundary
- Weighing context versus materiality
- Turkish leaders in CSR Reporting